Breaking News

Actor Siddharth Summoned By Chennai Police For His 'Controversial Tweet' On Saina Nehwal

<p><strong>Chennai:</strong> Despite issuing an apology for what he called a 'rude joke', actor Siddharth was summoned by Chennai Police on Thursday for his controversial tweet on badminton player Saina Nehwal.&nbsp;</p> <p>Chennai Police Commissioner Shankar Jiwal said that Police have received two complaints in the matter and they only need the actor's statement.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p> <p>"Actor Siddharth has been summoned (over his controversial tweet on badminton player Saina Nehwal). We've actually received 2 complaints; other one is on defamation in a legal frame, not a criminal case. We only need his statement," Jiwal told reporters.</p> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"> <p dir="ltr" lang="en">"Actor Siddharth has been summoned (over his controversial tweet on badminton player Saina Nehwal). We've actually received 2 complaints; other one is on defamation in a legal frame, not a criminal case. We only need his statement," said Chennai Police Commissioner Shankar Jiwal <a href="https://t.co/HnCOnmVv57">pic.twitter.com/HnCOnmVv57</a></p> &mdash; ANI (@ANI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1484204487283994625?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2022</a></blockquote> <p> <script src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" async="" charset="utf-8"></script> </p> <p>It all started after actor Siddharth stirred up a controversy when he responded to Nehwal's tweet where she was referring to a security breach during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Punjab visit on January 5.</p> <p>"No nation can claim itself to be safe if the security of its own PM gets compromised. I condemn, in the strongest words possible, the cowardly attack on PM Modi by anarchists. #BharatStandsWithModi #PMModi," Nehwal had tweeted.</p> <p>To which Siddharth responded saying, "... champion of the world... Thank God we have protectors of India. Folded hands. Shame on you #Rihanna."</p> <p>After Siddharth's tweet irked massive controversy, he issued an apology to the iconic shuttler. "Dear Saina, I want to apologise to you for my rude joke that I wrote as a response to a tweet of yours a few days ago," he wrote.</p> <p><em>"I may disagree with you on many things, but even my disappointment or anger when I read your tweet cannot justify my tone and words. I know I have more grace in me than that.</em></p> <p><em>As for the joke ... If a joke needs to be explained, then it wasn't a very good joke to begin with. Sorry about a joke that didn't land.</em></p> <p><em>I, however, must insist my word play and humour had none of the malicious intent that so many people from all quarters have attributed to me. I am a staunch feminist ally and I assure you there was no gender implied in my tweet and certainly no intent to attack you as a woman.</em></p> <p><em>I hope we can put this behind us and that you will accept my letter. You will always be my champion. Honestly, Siddharth,"</em> the apology letter by the actor read.</p> <p>Later on, taking suo motu cognisance of Siddharth's tweet, National Commission of Women (NCW) termed it to be "misogynist and outrageous" and sought prompt and strict action against the actor.</p>

from india
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं

Agniveer: CISF भर्ती में भी पूर्व अग्निवीरों को मिलेगा 10 प्रतिशत आरक्षण, आयु सीमा में छूट की घोषणा

केंद्रीय गृह मंत्रालय ने केंद्रीय औद्योगिक सुरक्षा बल (सीआईएसएफ) में रिक्त पदों पर भर्ती में भी पूर्व अग्निवीरों के लिए 10 प्रतिशत आरक्षण की...